|City Council & Mayor||Businesses||Calendar||Applications & Forms|
Historic Preservation Department
Kathy Stockton, Office ManagerP: (719) 689-3905 F: (719) 689-3288
Click HERE to send Kathy Stockton an email.
Mission Statement:To improve, maintain and promote the Cripple Creek community through the preservation and protection of the city's historic built environment and its National Historic Landmark status.
Goals and Objectives:
- Develop educational programs, events, exhibits and products that interpret the history of the Cripple Creek Mining District.
- Process development requests efficiently and effectively.
- Participate in public improvement projects that enhance and provide better access to and understanding of the historic resources of the Bennett Avenue Historic District.
- Continue to provide a diligent program to address the needs of historic residential, commercial and non-profit structures.
- Continue to address the needs of the Mt. Pisgah Cemetery.
- Pursue the leveraging of all expenditures of historic preservation funds by requiring matching funds and/or grant funds from other sources.
- Pursue designation of a regional area as a National and/or State Heritage Area.
Historic Preservation Commission
Chairperson, Prior City Council Member, Cripple Creek Resident
Local Real Estate Agent, Experience on Commission
Cripple Creek Resident, Staff of Cripple Creek District Museum
Cripple Creek Resident Since 1985
55 Years of Construction Experience
Geologist, Educator, President of Friends of Florissant Fossil Beds
Cripple Creek Resident, Architectural HP Experience
Cripple Creek Resident, Elks # 316 Member, Grant Writer
Downloadable Forms & Information:
Historic Preservation Ordinance
Bennett Avenue Historic Preservation Ordinance