|Check Out Our Events Website
The Special Events Department plans and produces special event celebrations hosted by the City of Cripple Creek
To solicit, plan, and produce events that aid in achieving the City's long range goals and objectives, such as an increased focus on Heritage Tourism, while providing an entertaining experience for residents and visitors to the city.
Goals and objectives:
- To implement the directive of the City Council to change the City's event schedule through consolidation of the many current events into 4-5 large annual productions.
- To change the direction, focus, and perception of the City's annual Armed Forces event.
- To be the communication point and information source for the public interested in participating in the City's event programs.
- To assist any outside event producers with the information and guidance they need to bring their sponsored event into the City.
- To assist the City Council and staff in evaluating ongoing event productions - in whole or part - regarding their viability and ROI for the City's investment.
- To provide the City's selected Marketing company with the information they request on the annual event programs.
- To interact with the appropriate City departments to meet all safety and equipment requirements for each production.
Click here for downloadable forms & information.